There are a number of things you should and shouldn’t do as you prepare to make a journey.
- Call your bank and inform them of your travel plans. Some banks will allow you to manage your travel from their website instead of calling a 1-800 number and playing phone tree tag
- Gather your power adapters for the locales you plan to visit.
- Understand how electricity works, I’m not suggesting you obtain a degree in Electrical Engineering, but try to understand the current needs of your gadgets and hair dryers. In general USB powered devices only need an adapter, while your Chi hair dryer will require a converter.
- Obtain local currency, if you are unsure that you’ll be able to find international ATM’s. If you’re going to a country where you don’t speak the language and sans tour guide its a nice insurance policy to order local currency from your bank before you leave.
- China- Yes
- England-Your call
- Mexico-Your call
- Italy-Yes, just a little
- Greece- Yes, just a little
- Tell the Social Media world that you are heading out of town. If you must, make sure you have your sharing settings to private so only close friends and family are made aware of your absence while you’re far from home.
- Pack your closet, opt for scarfs when you can as a way to differentiate your looks.